- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- I’m a writer. I can write with concentration about 20 minutes. Any tricks to extend that time to an hour a day?
- Does the feeling of procrastination before you start deep work get better with momentum? Interested to know! Or is it always a struggle 😆
- I have three different jobs. I do all of them from home. How can I better organize my routine to dedicate time to all of them in a more structured and less chaotic way? Today I jumped from one to the other all day long and many times I lost time and focus.
- What is the best way to meditate?
By doddling, images of whats important come to mind
Notes may not make sense to start with, so using different colours can assist distinction later on
I do this all the time-it’s as if I could have asked the same exact question.
The Fab App as well as the Fab video on this topic can help.
I think one thing to do is try the 25 minutes focused work session.
However, I think the focused work session needs to be practiced.
Maybe in some ways, we can try to treat it like how we build up our routine and rituals to exercise and run even on a daily basis.
Focused work is an exercise that we must practice and train and perform every day to build up our stamina and our “brain effort tolerance.”
25 minutes- focused work. Then stop, reassess, then do it again.
I am assuming I won’t finish all the focused work that I need to accomplish that day in 25 minutes, but I need to practice every day and I think I will slowly but surely improve my work’s accuracy and precision as well as efficiency… hopefully.
Long road ahead, but we can do it.
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?