So far, I have only performed traditional work during deep work, however, I will use the time for self-improvement activities ( foreign language practice, visualization) on my days off.
- What helps you concentrate and not get distracted during deep work?
- I can’t discipline myself and follow my routine so keep falling behind in my studying. How do I overcome this??
- How do you multitask AND deep work?
- When did you move up from 25 minutes of deep work to a longer deep work session?
- Is a half an hour long enough to get deep work done? I always run over my time.
I have a goal that is not about what I'm doing now and when I have nothing to do I go to that work and work on. it something personal.
First of all you relax you mind, then think about posibilities and the focus on your new proyect, trying to make it real.
I usualy try to have some sort of goal to pursue, usualy this is some creative endevour, exploring new ideas or aquiring new knowledge. This helps me from stagnating in general, it’s easy to fill your time with mindless entertainment. And also IF you have nothing to purse, cleaning never goes out of style.
If I don't have traditional work to do in deep work sessions. I start to analyse myself and my lacking points and start to find alternative solution to problem(lack). Moreover, I start reading general knowledge or do maths excercises in deep work to increase knowledge. What I want is more inspiration to move forward in gaining knowledge as it priceless.
I always organize my planner and update my to do list at the beginning of every morning. I get my files together for that day's appointments and ensure everything is printed and in file. This usually takes 30 to 45 minutes and by focusing only on these items it sets a positive momentum for the day and it feels great to be organized and not jumping all over the place.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?