So far, I have only performed traditional work during deep work, however, I will use the time for self-improvement activities ( foreign language practice, visualization) on my days off.
- How to keep your focus when doing a long task?
- I face issues when switching between 2 jobs. How do you switch effectively? I waste or procrastinate during the switch.
- I am terrible at concentrating, specially because of the internal negative self-talk. How do you postpone or eradicate altogether the negative self-talk during deep work sessions?
- I’ve chosen to work on something during the Deep Work session that’s intimidating for me (involves learning a new skill/trial and error, time/cost commitment) and I find myself putting it off due to anxiety. Any advice?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
I have a goal that is not about what I'm doing now and when I have nothing to do I go to that work and work on. it something personal.
First of all you relax you mind, then think about posibilities and the focus on your new proyect, trying to make it real.
I usualy try to have some sort of goal to pursue, usualy this is some creative endevour, exploring new ideas or aquiring new knowledge. This helps me from stagnating in general, it’s easy to fill your time with mindless entertainment. And also IF you have nothing to purse, cleaning never goes out of style.
If I don't have traditional work to do in deep work sessions. I start to analyse myself and my lacking points and start to find alternative solution to problem(lack). Moreover, I start reading general knowledge or do maths excercises in deep work to increase knowledge. What I want is more inspiration to move forward in gaining knowledge as it priceless.
I always organize my planner and update my to do list at the beginning of every morning. I get my files together for that day's appointments and ensure everything is printed and in file. This usually takes 30 to 45 minutes and by focusing only on these items it sets a positive momentum for the day and it feels great to be organized and not jumping all over the place.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?