Yes it is tempting, but that is also a test to see how strong you are, if you do give up and get distracted, just remember to try harder next time or better yet, get back to work
All the time! I keep a notebook or paper next to me when I'm trying to do productive work. Anytime I notice I've been distracted, I make a note of what the distraction was, then get back to work. Becoming more aware of the things, events, people, or thoughts that distract you can be helpful in making changes to prevent reoccurance. I find that writing thoughts down prevents obsessing over an an idea I don't want to forget.
Yes, I do. I find that the best way to deal with distractions is to stay away from them–turn off the TV. Close your email if you can. Confirm what you will be working on for how long, and focus on it. It can be easier said then done, especially if you have a job where people are often stopping by to distract you. Sometimes you need to find a closed room, and just go there to get stuff done. 🙂
Sure do! I’m getting distracted right now, and sometimes I give in. Something that is very important for me is recognising and acknowledging when I’m distracted or giving in to that temptation (after checking it’s not a genuine sign that I need to replenish – bathroom break, water, yell at a hill for a bit, etc), and how that’s impacted my life in the past, but also to concentrate on when I’ve avoided distraction and pushed past resistance. Doing that and acting on the determination it gives me, even just a flicker, lets me slowly keep building up a core of determination I can return to in similar circumstances.
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do