I know I'm fully engrossed in a project when I lose track of time. It does take practice and a conscious decision to get my busy brain into that space (noise-cancelling headphones, putting away phone, muting email for a set time, etc.), but when it happens I always feel a sense of completion when I come out of that flow, even if wasn't able to finish my task. It can be exhausting, though, so it is best for me to have set time frames (30 mins or an hour) to work within or to chunk my work into specific tasks I can complete in less than an hour so I don't burn out too quickly over a work (or play!) day.
Th Odore O.
I know when I am really concentrating because I am not thinking of anything besides the task at hand! When fully concentrating, I can solve the problem at hand in an efficient and calm manner. I am not worried or concerned with other things!
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?