In a broader sense: anything that is a required stepping stone for the person you want to be in 6 months.
I would simply ask yourself, Did I block distractions during that time, stay focused, and accomplish what I set to accomplish?
Perfect. You can count it as deep work for yourself. There’s really no wrong thing you can include; just things you may not feel are considered deep work in your own eyes. If that’s true, don’t cheat yourself and make time for deep work. Just make sure you give yourself credit where credit is due.
I personally classify deep work as any course studies, time spent reading non-fiction, visualization or meditation that can help my future business goals, or actual time spent building my business.
I hope that helps!
Hope that helps.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)