I think as long as you fulfil your tasks it’s not important which order you make them. But some found it more helpful to run things in a particular order and manner. It does actually help to stay on track! ideally you want to turn your habits into routines- when you do things automatically. For some people it’s important to stay rigid for a while as it definitely helps to nail it.
- What’s the latest that we can eat breakfast?
- How do you keep motivated? Sometime I just want to lay down and not move.
- How often do you meditate? What benefits does it bring?
- I am preparing to give up sugar and I was considering removing dairy at the same time. What is a good substitute for dairy?
- How can you get calmer and get rid of the monkey-mind while meditating? I am so distracted about this rush-mind every time I am meditating.
Yes, the more you perform the routine the more we develop our responsibility. We can see the results as time goes by, by performing all the task accordingly.
I think it is important to follow the steps in the order you’ve established and within the timeframe because that’s how you build a habit. It should become somewhat automatic. If there’s a step you find yourself constantly skipping and coming back to later or not at all, maybe you need to move or remove it.
Depends on the situation as I use the routines not just as a way to structure my day but also like a to do list of thing I want to do and in what order. So I may start my morning routine at home and finish it on the bus or over a coffee. The important this is that I will complete my morning routine before starting my afternoon routine or any other rotine I have set.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???