I think as long as you fulfil your tasks it’s not important which order you make them. But some found it more helpful to run things in a particular order and manner. It does actually help to stay on track! ideally you want to turn your habits into routines- when you do things automatically. For some people it’s important to stay rigid for a while as it definitely helps to nail it.
- How do you count the deep work, any kind of uninterrupted intense activity or just intellectual? Work related only or maybe life related only?
- How can you condense your work to 25 minutes?
- How do you stay focused when work-related chats, like Slack, constantly demand your attention?
- When did you move up from 25 minutes of deep work to a longer deep work session?
- How do you keep motivated when your deep work runs amok and your options don’t seem to be working out like you thought they would or would’ve liked them to?
Yes, the more you perform the routine the more we develop our responsibility. We can see the results as time goes by, by performing all the task accordingly.
I think it is important to follow the steps in the order you’ve established and within the timeframe because that’s how you build a habit. It should become somewhat automatic. If there’s a step you find yourself constantly skipping and coming back to later or not at all, maybe you need to move or remove it.
Depends on the situation as i use the routines not just as a way to structure my day but also like a to do list of thing i want to do and in what order. So I may start my morning routine at home and finish it on the bus or over a coffee. The important this is that I will complete my morning routine before starting my afternoon routine or any other rotine I have set.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?