I think as long as you fulfil your tasks it’s not important which order you make them. But some found it more helpful to run things in a particular order and manner. It does actually help to stay on track! ideally you want to turn your habits into routines- when you do things automatically. For some people it’s important to stay rigid for a while as it definitely helps to nail it.
- How do you cope with working in an open concept work environment with lots of distractions and interruptions? I find myself setting one most important task and being interrupted for the entire day and the task doesn’t get done.
- How do you stop yourself from feeling overwhelmed by all you need to accomplish?
- How do I get myself to do my fabulous routines? Most of the time I just ignore the notifications because I’m doing something else like just playing video games or just sitting on the couch watching TV.
- How do you manage your inbox to keep focused on deep work, but make sure you don’t miss important items?
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
Yes, the more you perform the routine the more we develop our responsibility. We can see the results as time goes by, by performing all the task accordingly.
I think it is important to follow the steps in the order you’ve established and within the timeframe because that’s how you build a habit. It should become somewhat automatic. If there’s a step you find yourself constantly skipping and coming back to later or not at all, maybe you need to move or remove it.
Depends on the situation as i use the routines not just as a way to structure my day but also like a to do list of thing i want to do and in what order. So I may start my morning routine at home and finish it on the bus or over a coffee. The important this is that I will complete my morning routine before starting my afternoon routine or any other rotine I have set.
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?