I use a little app called Forest. When you set the timer, you'll plant a seed. If you look at your phone, the tree dies 🙁 so it's a nice little motivation.
- How you can do deep work?
- How long do u stay away from technology?
- I’m a college student so keeping a balance of taking care of myself and others is tough. Do you have any suggestions for how I could show compassion or do a good deed for someone daily, even if it’s something small?
- Do you reward yourself for completing deep work?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???
Well, I think that you need to do the pinafore technique and focus on one task at the time. If you stuck try going to take a nap for 20 mins and after walking up trying to do that thing again with new perspective. Start with hardest task if possible
I like watching Abraham Hicks, Matt Kahn, Jarrad Hewett and other light workers. What ever I click on seems to resonate with me for the day, so I do my writing on what I learn and reflect on.
A sand timer (half hour glass) in my case.
And a random thought notepad or sticky note to jot down things that come up and try to demand my time. I’ll quickly jot it down so I know I don’t ha e to think about it at least until the time is done
I start with meditation or deep breathing to bring myself into the present moment. Then I make a checklist of what I want to complete during the deep work session. I remove all distractions from my workspace. I put on noise canceling headphones and play study music without lyrics at a low volume. Then I set a Pomodoro timer and get to work. To keep myself from getting sidetracked during the session, I keep a small notepad by my side. If I think of something else I need to do, I write it down quickly and get back to the task at hand. This keeps me from getting anxious that I might forget something. Any other concerns I have will still be there when my session is up. Finally, no multitasking allowed! The best way to get the most work done is to do one thing at a time.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?