I use a little app called Forest. When you set the timer, you'll plant a seed. If you look at your phone, the tree dies 🙁 so it's a nice little motivation.
- at what time to eat breakfast is more important to keep a healthy stomach?
- I like the inform, negotiate and call back technique. How do other community members use it?
- What changes in yourself have you experienced since you started using Fabulous?
- Do you add to your to do list throughout the day or write one in the morning and stick completely to it?
- Do you drink coffee every morning?
Well, I think that you need to do the pinafore technique and focus on one task at the time. If you stuck try going to take a nap for 20 mins and after walking up trying to do that thing again with new perspective. Start with hardest task if possible
I like watching Abraham Hicks, Matt Kahn, Jarrad Hewett and other light workers. What ever I click on seems to resonate with me for the day, so I do my writing on what I learn and reflect on.
A sand timer (half hour glass) in my case.
And a random thought notepad or sticky note to jot down things that come up and try to demand my time. I’ll quickly jot it down so I know I don’t ha e to think about it at least until the time is done
I start with meditation or deep breathing to bring myself into the present moment. Then I make a checklist of what I want to complete during the deep work session. I remove all distractions from my workspace. I put on noise canceling headphones and play study music without lyrics at a low volume. Then I set a Pomodoro timer and get to work. To keep myself from getting sidetracked during the session, I keep a small notepad by my side. If I think of something else I need to do, I write it down quickly and get back to the task at hand. This keeps me from getting anxious that I might forget something. Any other concerns I have will still be there when my session is up. Finally, no multitasking allowed! The best way to get the most work done is to do one thing at a time.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???