I use a little app called Forest. When you set the timer, you'll plant a seed. If you look at your phone, the tree dies 🙁 so it's a nice little motivation.
- How do you make time to do deep work? I find myself caught up in the run of the mill daily grind and it sucks lol….🤦🏻♀️🙇🏻♀️🤭
- What do you do to prevent distraction during a Deep work session?
- Though I am able to focus deeply I find it difficult to be as productive as I can in that time. I still take too long! Any tips?!
- Do you always take a break after a deep work session? If so, what do you do during that time?
- How do you motivate yourself to do work?
Well, I think that you need to do the pinafore technique and focus on one task at the time. If you stuck try going to take a nap for 20 mins and after walking up trying to do that thing again with new perspective. Start with hardest task if possible
I like watching Abraham Hicks, Matt Kahn, Jarrad Hewett and other light workers. What ever I click on seems to resonate with me for the day, so I do my writing on what I learn and reflect on.
A sand timer (half hour glass) in my case.
And a random thought notepad or sticky note to jot down things that come up and try to demand my time. I’ll quickly jot it down so I know I don’t ha e to think about it at least until the time is done
I start with meditation or deep breathing to bring myself into the present moment. Then I make a checklist of what I want to complete during the deep work session. I remove all distractions from my workspace. I put on noise canceling headphones and play study music without lyrics at a low volume. Then I set a Pomodoro timer and get to work. To keep myself from getting sidetracked during the session, I keep a small notepad by my side. If I think of something else I need to do, I write it down quickly and get back to the task at hand. This keeps me from getting anxious that I might forget something. Any other concerns I have will still be there when my session is up. Finally, no multitasking allowed! The best way to get the most work done is to do one thing at a time.
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?