I always get up at the same time. I then first drink coffee, then I prepare breakfast, have breakfast and shower and dress. I always do these in the same order so that I am always ready to go to work between 08.20 and 08.30.
- How do you block out distractions?
- What is your favourite music to do focused work to?
- How do I choose what to work on when doing deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Can fun be considered deep work?
Olenka Da mota
Hello, what I like to do I set myself up for the day before it begins (right before I go to sleep the night before). I’ll check my to do list and organize them around my free time. When I wake up I already have my to do list so I use Fabulous to remind me to pick three things that are the most important in my day and concentrate on them. Included in my morning rituals is checking my weight, making sure I have keys, wallet, cell phone, And make sure the dogs have fresh water and food. Each day can vary but I think it’s essential that you gather your thoughts early in the morning and get that to do list in order. Even if you can’t do everything on the to do list that day, at least you’ll have them arranged so you can finish the top three which are the most important.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?