I always get up at the same time. I then first drink coffee, then I prepare breakfast, have breakfast and shower and dress. I always do these in the same order so that I am always ready to go to work between 08.20 and 08.30.
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- Do you use electronic tools to help you focus or do you find that disconnecting from your devices is more conducive to focusing? I’m finding both to work for me but under different task conditions.
- How do you deal with interruptions during your Deep Work session?
- How do you stay focused if your co-workers are continually interrupting your work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
Olenka Da mota
Hello, what I like to do I set myself up for the day before it begins (right before I go to sleep the night before). I’ll check my to do list and organize them around my free time. When I wake up I already have my to do list so I use Fabulous to remind me to pick three things that are the most important in my day and concentrate on them. Included in my morning rituals is checking my weight, making sure I have keys, wallet, cell phone, And make sure the dogs have fresh water and food. Each day can vary but I think it’s essential that you gather your thoughts early in the morning and get that to do list in order. Even if you can’t do everything on the to do list that day, at least you’ll have them arranged so you can finish the top three which are the most important.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?