I always get up at the same time. I then first drink coffee, then I prepare breakfast, have breakfast and shower and dress. I always do these in the same order so that I am always ready to go to work between 08.20 and 08.30.
- How do you make time to do personal things during a busy and tiring work day?
- Do you take breaks from overworking your brain?
- What has deep work helped you with??
- How does one avoid temptations like sugary breakfasts and distracting sites in the first hours after waking up?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as you’re in the flow?
Olenka Da mota
Hello, what I like to do I set myself up for the day before it begins (right before I go to sleep the night before). I’ll check my to do list and organize them around my free time. When I wake up I already have my to do list so I use Fabulous to remind me to pick three things that are the most important in my day and concentrate on them. Included in my morning rituals is checking my weight, making sure I have keys, wallet, cell phone, And make sure the dogs have fresh water and food. Each day can vary but I think it’s essential that you gather your thoughts early in the morning and get that to do list in order. Even if you can’t do everything on the to do list that day, at least you’ll have them arranged so you can finish the top three which are the most important.
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?