You can put on headphones and listen to music, but really you have to develop willpower. It takes a while to develop, but once it is developed, it can do wonders to your life.
It's all about your aim, that what you want to achieve. It's tough, but if your goals have more importance than anything else, then it is easy. But it is more easier if you get into a vibrant calm place instead of staying in a distracting one.
Qu Snia Y.
I genuinely struggle with this so much. I have ADHD and any noise or visual distraction breaks my concentration. It takes at least 20 mins for me to get in the zone, so it's really frustrating when i get distracted. I use noise cancelling headphones, and I've mentioned to some of my colleagues that I have difficulty staying focussed, so they try to bother me less. At the end of the day I try to remind myself that I can control what my mind pays attention to. Meditation helps with that. I take note that i hear a noise or whatever, and then let the thought go. Doesn't always work, but I'm working on it
I put on my headphones even if I am not hearing music to let them know I am not available for a conversation. If they ask something I will just ignore them (I have my headphones 😉 so it’s not rude). Also I try to have an objective that will take me around 40 minutes and when I achieve it will go and have some spare time with them.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?