It’s like a breath meditation, but I pick a less crowded block and start walking at a slightly slower pace around the block. Then I start to soften my gaze… looking down just enough to see the fronts of my feet as I walk.
I try to focus on the motion of my legs… and I try to be aware of my breath. If the space allows… I let myself slow down even more. Being more and more gentle with myself and my body’s motion.
But, if you’re in a city… don’t cross the street. Just stay on the block and stay alert of your surroundings.
With these rules in place, I can create my own little peaceful island, even when surrounded by a world of chaos.
Maybe simply google help for feeling down.
Ps. and most of the time it because of you make yourself so sad and drama-addict, remind yourself you could choose not to be like that it is all up to you.
Identify – I write down what emotion I am feeling.
Accept – I let the feeling be. I let it come over me and describe what it does to me and to my body.
Attribute – I try to figure out where the feeling comes from.
Act – I decide whether to act on the feeling or to let it go.
I used to get angry at myself and shout angry words at myself but now I say IAAA instead. IAAA Like a donkey to remind myself to Identify, Accept, Attribute, Act.
If the feeling is too strong to be confronted at once I will only write that part down and come back to it at a later time. I use an electronic journalling app. It also give me throwbacks of earlier entries it gives me a chance to evaluate how different I feel after the experience. Writing in my journal has really improved my life.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.