- How do I get into that first ‘part’ of work? I always struggle with actually sitting down and committing to a task, but once I am focused I can work productively. How can I motivate myself to start that task I’ve been putting off?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- Could you advice me more to reduce distraction while working?
- How long should I do Deep Work?
- How to keep your focus when doing a long task?
I set aside specific times during the day to quickly scan through my mail, discarding junk mail and flagging business-related mail.
Then, during the deep work sessions, I tackle as many of the flagged mail items as I can paying bills, making phone calls, etc.
I usually have to isolate myself at my desk at work or on my laptop in a room our condo home (sometimes even at work or at home, “my” office isn’t really isolated from others), write down a short one to three item “must accomplish now” task list usually on a sticky post it note (this is in addition to a previous “To Do List” that I have written earlier in the am), put on noise cancelling head phones sometimes with or without any music, and then make sure I concentrate 20 to 30 minutes on my task and then reassess what I accomplished and then plow ahead and usually if I am doing well with my Focused Work, I will accomplish one or two goals within about 2 hours.
Although I try to do Focused Work on a daily basis, in reality I do t always accomplish it everyday and that is reflected in the Fabulous App when I review the past week or month under the “coaching” function.
I have also noticed that o. The weekends, the Fabulous App specifically does not prompt me to perform Focused Work on Saturday or Sunday although on occasion, I do need to accomplish Focused Work the on the weekend. I think the Fabulous App helps me to recognize that if I don’t accomplish Focused Work on a particular day, that I shouldn’t beat myself up about it- but I must try again the next day.
That’s my experience so far with Focused Work.
I have had on occasion some particular days where I have done focused work for 4 hours (usually with a few 5 to 10 minute breaks). I haven’t had to do 6 or 8 hour Focused Work (other than my usual work day- but that still has breaks for food, snacks, idle chit chat, emails, paying bills, etc) in a while like when I had to back in school. Again, sometimes the mundane task even like catching up on emails and bills on occasion requires Focused Work, but I try to reserve Focused Work “life goal” oriented tasks related to my family or my career.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?