- What is your biggest distraction when you do deep work?
- How do you complete Deep Work on days you are traveling, or have full day events? Do you carve time out, or led it slide?
- How do you apply the pomodoro technique to deep work?
- I have questions about other things that I am doing. Sometimes I’m unable to do the things that I should at the right time. And when I’m unable to do it, I do it at the wrong time. Like, instead of sleeping, I do the work that I didn’t complete during the afternoon period. How am I supposed to complete the task at the right time?
- How do you adhere to your your deep work schedule?
I set aside specific times during the day to quickly scan through my mail, discarding junk mail and flagging business-related mail.
Then, during the deep work sessions, I tackle as many of the flagged mail items as I can paying bills, making phone calls, etc.
I usually have to isolate myself at my desk at work or on my laptop in a room our condo home (sometimes even at work or at home, “my” office isn’t really isolated from others), write down a short one to three item “must accomplish now” task list usually on a sticky post it note (this is in addition to a previous “To Do List” that I have written earlier in the am), put on noise cancelling head phones sometimes with or without any music, and then make sure I concentrate 20 to 30 minutes on my task and then reassess what I accomplished and then plow ahead and usually if I am doing well with my Focused Work, I will accomplish one or two goals within about 2 hours.
Although I try to do Focused Work on a daily basis, in reality I do t always accomplish it everyday and that is reflected in the Fabulous App when I review the past week or month under the “coaching” function.
I have also noticed that o. The weekends, the Fabulous App specifically does not prompt me to perform Focused Work on Saturday or Sunday although on occasion, I do need to accomplish Focused Work the on the weekend. I think the Fabulous App helps me to recognize that if I don’t accomplish Focused Work on a particular day, that I shouldn’t beat myself up about it- but I must try again the next day.
That’s my experience so far with Focused Work.
I have had on occasion some particular days where I have done focused work for 4 hours (usually with a few 5 to 10 minute breaks). I haven’t had to do 6 or 8 hour Focused Work (other than my usual work day- but that still has breaks for food, snacks, idle chit chat, emails, paying bills, etc) in a while like when I had to back in school. Again, sometimes the mundane task even like catching up on emails and bills on occasion requires Focused Work, but I try to reserve Focused Work “life goal” oriented tasks related to my family or my career.
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?