- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- How do you get your mind to relax & concentrate on a particularly difficult, stressful or a very distracting day to get your deep work done? Also, how do you motivate yourself when you’re not feeling well to do the deep work anyway?
- Do you find it easy to interweave your rituals in to the rest of your everyday family life?
- How do you cope with working in an open concept work environment with lots of distractions and interruptions? I find myself setting one most important task and being interrupted for the entire day and the task doesn’t get done.
- What do you do on days you are having a harder time focusing on a task?
For me… I look at those things I avoid and use it as an opportunity for personal growth. Try to learn what’s behind the fear or discomfort. Or if it’s something I just hate doing but feel that I should (like washing dishes), I set a short time, like 15 minutes and tell myself that’s all I have to do. And do a little bit each day. But often once I start I do more than the time I set.
Phone calls are hard for me. I tend to try to do them first thing and follow up with something I like to do as a reward.
Sometimes I procrastinate because I’m trying to do too many things. And then I need to give something up.
When it comes to health-related things like exercise and eating right, it has to be something I like. I like to walk. So I walk. I don’t like to cook, so I found a healthy source for pre-cooked food.
I cannot make myself do something long term that I just don’t like. So working out at the gym or fixing healthy meals much… just isn’t going to last if I know I don’t want to do it.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?