- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- How do you handel deep work on free days/holidays?
- How do I grapple with being under-staffed, unable to accomplish all of my goals and my full-time supervisor regularly arriving an hour late and leaving an hour early? Live and let live and take care of my team and trust someone will notice and take action or trust that there is a legitimate reason for boss’ absences? Or something else?
- How do you stop procrastinating during your Deep Work habit?
- How do I get myself to do my fabulous routines? Most of the time I just ignore the notifications because I’m doing something else like just playing video games or just sitting on the couch watching TV.
For me… I look at those things I avoid and use it as an opportunity for personal growth. Try to learn what’s behind the fear or discomfort. Or if it’s something I just hate doing but feel that I should (like washing dishes), I set a short time, like 15 minutes and tell myself that’s all I have to do. And do a little bit each day. But often once I start I do more than the time I set.
Phone calls are hard for me. I tend to try to do them first thing and follow up with something I like to do as a reward.
Sometimes I procrastinate because I’m trying to do too many things. And then I need to give something up.
When it comes to health-related things like exercise and eating right, it has to be something I like. I like to walk. So I walk. I don’t like to cook, so I found a healthy source for pre-cooked food.
I cannot make myself do something long term that I just don’t like. So working out at the gym or fixing healthy meals much… just isn’t going to last if I know I don’t want to do it.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?