For me… I look at those things I avoid and use it as an opportunity for personal growth. Try to learn what’s behind the fear or discomfort. Or if it’s something I just hate doing but feel that I should (like washing dishes), I set a short time, like 15 minutes and tell myself that’s all I have to do. And do a little bit each day. But often once I start I do more than the time I set.
Phone calls are hard for me. I tend to try to do them first thing and follow up with something I like to do as a reward.
Sometimes I procrastinate because I’m trying to do too many things. And then I need to give something up.
When it comes to health-related things like exercise and eating right, it has to be something I like. I like to walk. So I walk. I don’t like to cook, so I found a healthy source for pre-cooked food.
I cannot make myself do something long term that I just don’t like. So working out at the gym or fixing healthy meals much… just isn’t going to last if I know I don’t want to do it.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.