I try to completely give my full attention to my daily office work with full efficiency which helps me to wrap up my work sooner then I expected and automatically the errors are also less due to my complete focus on the work.
- What do you do to stay focused for a long period of time?
- When I’m in a bad mood because of something that happened, how do I make myself feel better so I can focus on deep work?
- What do you do when you feel every plan you make is being blocked?
- What apps or tools do you use to block the notifications distractions during your Deep Work?
- How to stay motivated whilst working?
I am both in academia and a fitness trainer. I would either read, write or edit texts of mine or of others, grade papers or write grants. For training I would prepare sessions for the best week.
I pick anything important to me. Put on ambient music, set the scene clear the desk. and just go at it. I use it like an intro for the 45 minute study sessions and the hour long secret projects.
Hi there! For my work, I usually need to read long papers or books. I also have to write. These activities take most of my deep work/deep focus activities.
Assess clients needs and wants, then build out a list of places to go tour. From there I set appointments based on a discovery call, and add it to the calendar. While I’m doing that I build out social media content for the week as well as publish daily stories to generate more clients.
Since I do mostly creative work, I spend my deep work time making visual art or writing. You can get just about any project done during deep work time.
Researching topics of interest, listening to podcasts and summarizing and reflecting on my purpose and where I want to in the future.
Video editing, or anything that I know it will require a lot of repetition in some processes. After the first 7 min or so, because some processes of the worl repeat themselves, I loose track of time.
I get too distracted if I try to deep work with stuff that requiere too much planning or creativity. My mind wonders in diferent directions.
I read books on philosophy, and those that inspire. I quietly reflect by walking in nature and/or writing. The work involves perspectives on life. Assumptions about purpose and how I might make sense of tragedy in my life.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?