I try to completely give my full attention to my daily office work with full efficiency which helps me to wrap up my work sooner then I expected and automatically the errors are also less due to my complete focus on the work.
- How do you control yourself enough to get deep work done?
- How long to you do deep work, and how frequently? Do you take breaks? What do you do during those breaks?
- How do I focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing?
- How long is it can the human mind stay focused on a task without distractions?
- Could you give me some tips to stay focused on deep work?
I am both in academia and a fitness trainer. I would either read, write or edit texts of mine or of others, grade papers or write grants. For training I would prepare sessions for the best week.
I pick anything important to me. Put on ambient music, set the scene clear the desk. and just go at it. I use it like an intro for the 45 minute study sessions and the hour long secret projects.
Hi there! For my work, I usually need to read long papers or books. I also have to write. These activities take most of my deep work/deep focus activities.
Assess clients needs and wants, then build out a list of places to go tour. From there I set appointments based on a discovery call, and add it to the calendar. While I’m doing that I build out social media content for the week as well as publish daily stories to generate more clients.
Since I do mostly creative work, I spend my deep work time making visual art or writing. You can get just about any project done during deep work time.
Researching topics of interest, listening to podcasts and summarizing and reflecting on my purpose and where I want to in the future.
Video editing, or anything that I know it will require a lot of repetition in some processes. After the first 7 min or so, because some processes of the worl repeat themselves, I loose track of time.
I get too distracted if I try to deep work with stuff that requiere too much planning or creativity. My mind wonders in diferent directions.
I read books on philosophy, and those that inspire. I quietly reflect by walking in nature and/or writing. The work involves perspectives on life. Assumptions about purpose and how I might make sense of tragedy in my life.
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?