If you don't have the bandwidth to help, tell them instead howv to access counseling or mental health services on campus. This is still so helpful.
Yes – a smile! Sometimes just simply noticing someone and giving them an intentional smile can brighten their day. I also like to look for opportunities to give someone — even a passing stranger — an honest compliment. "That's such a pretty color on you" always seems to surprise and delight women (note: I'm a woman, though, so it's less awkward to compliment strangers!) – and just telling people they're doing good work really brightens their day. I tell helpful salespeople, "You really helped me make my decisions"; phone support, "You've helped take some of the stress out of my day, thanks!" As a student, you could tell a good teacher: "You really made that clear for me today, I appreciate your work." And some days, I treat MYSELF with compassion! With a busy life, don't forget to be kind and compassionate to yourself! 🙂
All you can do is take it one day at a time pick one person each day if possible and spend a few minutes with them just pick something to do. I work and do school so I take time on Saturday and Sundays with my family and Monday thru Friday I take an hour or so to do school work and spend time with family after and I also make time for me in between
If you're in school, you are probably pretty busy. Luckily, compassion isn't something you have to do, it's something you have while you do everything else. Slow down in your daily interactions, and recognize the suffering, and yearning for joy, in the people you talk to. They are busy too, and spending a few moments around someone (you) living with compassion will feel good, even if they don't know exactly what is going on.
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?
- Typing or writing? Which one do you like best?
- How can i learning english as far as possible ?
- Are u really concerntrating in the deep work??If so how??and if not why?
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?