I would say take advantage of your 10 minute breaks! You’re supposed to take at least 2 a day if you’re working 8 hr days. Stretch, meditate, get up and go outside for a short walk to just get a little sunshine. Also if you wake up a bit earlier, it’ll give you more time in the morning~ I know it’s hard but it’s a change that will make you feel like your days have meaning and are longer. I feel as we get older, time flies by really fast, so every moment is worth making it feel longer! Good luck friend.
Just do the deep work when you can. I purposefully planned my sessions to be when I can't have other obligations interrupt me, even though afternoons were suggested.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)