It's never too early for spring cleaning. Spring cleaning doesn't need to wait until spring. It's best to do it at any time so you can get a fresh start, without the buildup of clutter adding more stress to your life. It's always better to get a head start than to procrastinate or not do it at all. The quicker you get it done, the quicker you can check it off your to-do list and switch your focus to the next task.
Depending on where you live "spring" cleaning can be actually at any time of the year. It should be a comfortable time for you to make some cleaning and organizing effort. But even if you are never too comfortable with these notions, just make sure that once per year you get yourself into deep cleaning mode (during whatever month you choose). Another important step is to plan and you can start doing that as early as seasonal cleaning starts popping into your head and thus spending some of your mental energy. Ease it by planning, it will help to get into the mood and also to make the task a lot more approachable no matter what will be happening in parallel in your life. So, break it down, keep the check list and add to it or modify it in any other way throughout the year depending on what you discover you missed or forgot or want to do differently next time. When that next time comes you'll just "dance" through the whole thing a lot more gracefully and calmly.
i spring clean every three months…. keeps the house in better shape and gives a lift to my spirit! Doing it four times a year makes it less of a job too…. take your spring cleaning list and divide by four 🙂 less chance of failure and greater chance for success!
It’s never too early (or late) to declutter and donate items or set aside for a yard sale, etc. If you are motivated to do something then do it right then or as soon as practicable. Waiting for a specific or “optimal” time gives you too much time to come up with excuses or decide to put it off for “tomorrow.”
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)