I have a list of items that take 15-20 minutes to do—just long enough that I wouldn’t want to do them incidentally, but short enough that I can fit one in as a last task. I’ll pick one of those to check off.
- Do you find it easy to interweave your rituals in to the rest of your everyday family life?
- Do you do anything to help get into a more productive mindset for deep work?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- Do you listen to music or have anything going on in the background during deep work? Even sitting by a window can be distracting, but sitting in a completely silent, dark room on an uncomfortable chair can be just as counter-productive. How do you minimize distraction while maintaining a comfortable work environment?
- How do you motivate yourself to have a deep work session in the morning when you know you already have a lighter work load that day?
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?