The recommended time is for me just a must. If you ask me, every additional minutes (or if you're advanced hours) you spend in deep work is better. So just go with the flow, and you'll see in your results that how much more effective you were than before.
- Could you give me some tips to stay focused on deep work?
- Music or no music? 🙂
- What do you do on days you are having a harder time focusing on a task?
- I’m a college student so keeping a balance of taking care of myself and others is tough. Do you have any suggestions for how I could show compassion or do a good deed for someone daily, even if it’s something small?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
It depends on if I have other things to do. Sometimes I'm able to continue working as long as I'm in the flow but others days I don't have time so I have to end when it rings
I definitely keep going when in the flow! Unless I really need to do something after deep work, I find it’s best to stay in the rhythm of things. 🙂
I believe that it is important to keep your scheduled time and stop when the time has reached the end. I believe so because if you keep working you will feel like you did more and the next time comes if you are tired you msy say "well I did more yesterday " and that is bad for keeping your goal. If you feel like continuing but your scheduled time has finished use that feeling to feel content for you have done a good job and use it also as an opportunity . Think" this feels good…I will do it again tomorrow. "
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?