The recommended time is for me just a must. If you ask me, every additional minutes (or if you're advanced hours) you spend in deep work is better. So just go with the flow, and you'll see in your results that how much more effective you were than before.
- Music or no music? 🙂
- Do you reward yourself for accomplishing deep work? How?
- Do you define the agenda before starting deep work?
- Each day I sleep with the guilt of not making my day productive but the next day I waste it again. I am getting depressed now. What should I do?
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
It depends on if I have other things to do. Sometimes I'm able to continue working as long as I'm in the flow but others days I don't have time so I have to end when it rings
I definitely keep going when in the flow! Unless I really need to do something after deep work, I find it’s best to stay in the rhythm of things. 🙂
I believe that it is important to keep your scheduled time and stop when the time has reached the end. I believe so because if you keep working you will feel like you did more and the next time comes if you are tired you msy say "well I did more yesterday " and that is bad for keeping your goal. If you feel like continuing but your scheduled time has finished use that feeling to feel content for you have done a good job and use it also as an opportunity . Think" this feels good…I will do it again tomorrow. "
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?