Block distractions just means not getting distracted by emails, Facebook notifications, etc. It might not be work related
- If you do yoga, do you have any recommendtions on poses/sequences to do for morning exercise? I love yoga but I am very inexperienced with making my own routine.
- Alternatives ways to manage to do lists?
- How do I move forward despite not having completed goals from earlier in the day? I feel like I get bogged down in “morning” things.
- How much should I write in my journal?
- I really don’t enjoy going to gyms. What’s a physical or location-based cue that you use to keep up your exercise habit?
Block distractions is what I do before I go into deep work. I make sure my phone is on silent, I close my email and put in my head phones so that I won't get distracted during deep work. For deep work I set a time apart that I am going to work on one thing only. If a distraction comes up I write it down for later and continue working on what I was working on originally.
Block Distractions is about setting up for deep work. Deep work gives you the time to concentrate on the meaningful work. You should do these habits in this order so they are efective
For me, deep work means choosing to concentrate on a certain task or goal. Block distractions means to put away the phone, turn off notifications, put on a timer, etc. The prior emphasizes the task at hand, the latter emphasizes the effort to not be distracted.
I think Deep work is when you are doing your work with out distractions and block distractions is when you unplug your devices.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???