Sidd Rtha P.
Block Distractions is about setting up for deep work. Deep work gives you the time to concentrate on the meaningful work. You should do these habits in this order so they are efective
Block distractions is what I do before I go into deep work. I make sure my phone is on silent, I close my email and put in my head phones so that I won't get distracted during deep work. For deep work I set a time apart that I am going to work on one thing only. If a distraction comes up I write it down for later and continue working on what I was working on originally.
For me, deep work means choosing to concentrate on a certain task or goal. Block distractions means to put away the phone, turn off notifications, put on a timer, etc. The prior emphasizes the task at hand, the latter emphasizes the effort to not be distracted.
Block distractions just means not getting distracted by emails, Facebook notifications, etc. It might not be work related
I think Deep work is when you are doing your work with out distractions and block distractions is when you unplug your devices.
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?
- How do you make sure you’re not interrupted during deep work?
- Is there anything you have found that keeps you focused? How do you keep that going when you get distracted?
- How long should your breaks be?
- If I don’t like coffee or tea, what can I drink to help keep me focused? ( keep in mind that I’m really serious about keeping my body healthy)
- What strategies can I do to work more consistently at certain times everyday?
- What kind of tasks do you dedicate for your Deep Work habit ?
- What’s the duration you’ve outlined for deep work?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- What kind of deep work you do