Block distractions just means not getting distracted by emails, Facebook notifications, etc. It might not be work related
- Are there tricks or tools to help me complete my deep work with fewer family distractions?
- Do you switch up your work each session or focus on one thing?
- How do you make time to do personal things during a busy and tiring work day?
- When I’m in a bad mood because of something that happened, how do I make myself feel better so I can focus on deep work?
- What distractions are the hardest to get rid of? And how to deal with them?
Block distractions is what I do before I go into deep work. I make sure my phone is on silent, I close my email and put in my head phones so that I won't get distracted during deep work. For deep work I set a time apart that I am going to work on one thing only. If a distraction comes up I write it down for later and continue working on what I was working on originally.
Block Distractions is about setting up for deep work. Deep work gives you the time to concentrate on the meaningful work. You should do these habits in this order so they are efective
For me, deep work means choosing to concentrate on a certain task or goal. Block distractions means to put away the phone, turn off notifications, put on a timer, etc. The prior emphasizes the task at hand, the latter emphasizes the effort to not be distracted.
I think Deep work is when you are doing your work with out distractions and block distractions is when you unplug your devices.
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?