If you are overwhelmed by the todo list, I would highly recommend that you review your life and the amount of projects you have engaged in. Makes no sense to have too many. Alternatively select the top 3 and ignore the rest.
- What does deep work mean to you?
- How do I start writing my novel?
- How do you deal with the important things that do not have a deadline?
- What is a good alternative to the 30/30 app? That was so good at visually helping to see the total time all tasks in a day would take and indicating what time your list would end?
- Do you find a timer helpful? What kind do you use?
I figure out what the most pressing and urgent thing is and do that first. If there isn't anything urgent then I do what is most important in terms of meeting my long term goals.
When there are too many things on my plate… I usually take a walk or sleep for sometime by thinking what all I can do and try to prioritize with eyes closed or thinking while walking. Once priority has been set I use pomodoro technique to finish the task of high priority without thinking abt any other tasks until the current task is done. But the problem I face is after completion of this task my brain and body goes to relaxation state automatically. Switching back to focus mode to start working on new task becomes so difficult and I start procastinate. This is one area I need to work on how to switch easily . I can switch when task 1 is still in pending but it's difficult when it's completed. For example when an app is launched its tough to start working on new app, but when it's still not yet launched I can easily switch between the tasks.
I try to link my to do items to my big goals and then prioritize in order of their importance… key is to keep the big goals moving
I'll often use thought bubbles or maps and prioritize the big goals into smaller ones. If I could upload a photo it'd be a bit more explanatory but a quick google may help.
I go for what I truly value, what serves me and others best. I try to choose what follows my goals too. When I get emotional I take time to process. When the sun shines I try to get out.
If theresl are urgent prior1 things, i start with them. Otherwise i choose some easy-to-do things to make the list shorter and make myself feel better 🙂
- What do you do during your deep work session?
- How to you kick start of your work, especially when it’s boring
- What do you do for your deep work?
- How do you keep yourself focused with distractions
- What do you consider deep work on weekends or rest days?
- Any tips from users with ADHD?
- How are you disciplined about getting started? And how do you avoid distractions during the time? I’m in an open plan office so that’s is tricky.
- How to do deep work as you no time for that?
- Is it helpful to listen to classical music or other music while doing deep work?
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?