If you are overwhelmed by the todo list, I would highly recommend that you review your life and the amount of projects you have engaged in. Makes no sense to have too many. Alternatively select the top 3 and ignore the rest.
- How to concentrate more on the time of deep work?
- I use meditation to gain awareness over my thoughts and emotions. I just observe what I am feeling and thinking. I wonder if there is a way to take it further. Like where are these thought and emotion comes from and what causes them.
- What do you do so that the sounds of the routine and the bell at the end don’t make you lose your focus?
- How did you start your Fabulous journey?
- How to stay motivate and with passion in your daily work?
I figure out what the most pressing and urgent thing is and do that first. If there isn't anything urgent then I do what is most important in terms of meeting my long term goals.
When there are too many things on my plate… I usually take a walk or sleep for sometime by thinking what all I can do and try to prioritize with eyes closed or thinking while walking. Once priority has been set I use pomodoro technique to finish the task of high priority without thinking abt any other tasks until the current task is done. But the problem I face is after completion of this task my brain and body goes to relaxation state automatically. Switching back to focus mode to start working on new task becomes so difficult and I start procastinate. This is one area I need to work on how to switch easily . I can switch when task 1 is still in pending but it's difficult when it's completed. For example when an app is launched its tough to start working on new app, but when it's still not yet launched I can easily switch between the tasks.
I try to link my to do items to my big goals and then prioritize in order of their importance… key is to keep the big goals moving
I'll often use thought bubbles or maps and prioritize the big goals into smaller ones. If I could upload a photo it'd be a bit more explanatory but a quick google may help.
I go for what I truly value, what serves me and others best. I try to choose what follows my goals too. When I get emotional I take time to process. When the sun shines I try to get out.
If theresl are urgent prior1 things, I start with them. Otherwise I choose some easy-to-do things to make the list shorter and make myself feel better 🙂
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???