- What is the one habit you have that positively impacts your productivity?
- Do you find music helps or hinders?
- How do you increase your self-discipline and not check emails as frequently during deep work?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- Does anyone ever feel like… The work I get paid for is more important than the work I do for myself?
1. Do something you love everyday and carry the good energy into rest of your day.
I love and play tennis in the morning. I always strive to make progress in my game and my fitness. Every small progress i make makes me confident and i look forward to the next day. It also reminds me to deal with the rest of the problems and work in my life the same way. Practice mistakes practice mistakes practice mistakes practice attitude was developed in me. – It also brings about competitive spirit in me and i carry it into my work as well. So do something you love and carry the good energy into the rest of the day.
2. Among the targets for the day have a list of "satisfaction targets" that you must meet by the end of your day so that you will love to look forward to the next day. Even meeting half of them will give you sound sleep and helps you pat on your back when you start getting worried. You will wake up fired up to do your work and your day.
3. Dont try to sleep at a certain time. Only stick to waking up at a certain time no matter what.
By doing so your body not only gets used to it but also signals you when its time for bed and it will have the freedom to decide how much sleep it really needs. I listen to my mind and body.
4. Also develop work related skills you need. Break it into small steps and focus on progress. Every step you successfully complete will make you confident and more focused.
5. Listen to your mind and body – when it feels really thirsty/ hungry. Attend to it right away. Don't deny them for a long time. You don't want a sluggish focus and it also helps u maintain good weight and a healthy stomach and gut.
The above tips i am giving are those i observed and developed in myself by my own. Which is why i stick to them. Find a method that works for you by being self aware. I do follow many other things but that is something you can easily find on the internet and on fabulous app.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?