- I’m researcher so many people recommend to me long and continuous work, not pomodoro-style work. But it really hard to accomplish. If I complete a long work session, I feel exhausted and like I should go home. Which is better?
- Do you do this every day? I set it for 3 days a week as days with many meetings can make it much harder to concentrate.
- What exactly is deep work?
- How do you measure the depth of your work?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
1. Do something you love everyday and carry the good energy into rest of your day.
I love and play tennis in the morning. I always strive to make progress in my game and my fitness. Every small progress i make makes me confident and i look forward to the next day. It also reminds me to deal with the rest of the problems and work in my life the same way. Practice mistakes practice mistakes practice mistakes practice attitude was developed in me. – It also brings about competitive spirit in me and i carry it into my work as well. So do something you love and carry the good energy into the rest of the day.
2. Among the targets for the day have a list of "satisfaction targets" that you must meet by the end of your day so that you will love to look forward to the next day. Even meeting half of them will give you sound sleep and helps you pat on your back when you start getting worried. You will wake up fired up to do your work and your day.
3. Dont try to sleep at a certain time. Only stick to waking up at a certain time no matter what.
By doing so your body not only gets used to it but also signals you when its time for bed and it will have the freedom to decide how much sleep it really needs. I listen to my mind and body.
4. Also develop work related skills you need. Break it into small steps and focus on progress. Every step you successfully complete will make you confident and more focused.
5. Listen to your mind and body – when it feels really thirsty/ hungry. Attend to it right away. Don't deny them for a long time. You don't want a sluggish focus and it also helps u maintain good weight and a healthy stomach and gut.
The above tips i am giving are those i observed and developed in myself by my own. Which is why i stick to them. Find a method that works for you by being self aware. I do follow many other things but that is something you can easily find on the internet and on fabulous app.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?