It depends on if I can do the work or not. If I feel I am using travel or events as an excuse not to do deep work, I reflect on that. But if I genuinely don't have the time / energy to complete the work after full day activities I let it slide and come back to it the next day. I try to look at completing deep work as the baseline and occasions when I don't as the exception. Unless I have reason to believe I shouldn't complete deep work, I'll go ahead as normal and include it in my day. I hope this helped.
Depending on the work or the day it’ll be one or the other (carv out time vs let it slide). Sometimes I’ll try to do one thing on the list throughout the day and count it as a “let it slide”.
Ma Lie E.
There are days in which I would just let it slide but then I remember that this is a lifestyle that requires you to be constant if you really want to achieve your goals so if I can't do exactly what was on my to do list I try to do the most similar thing that will keep me on my track!
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?