Write down your thoughts of anger, take 10 deep breaths and then see if you are more calm to start. If not, repeat the 10 deep breaths but try doing it with your eyes closed. If you meditate, meditate for 5 or 10 min and then you can start your deep work sessions
- How do you prevent other stuff from taking over your deep work time?
- How you can do deep work?
- Should I do deep work longer than the allocated time? Or do I need to say NO, and carry on the next day
- Music or no music? 🙂
- I don’t always have time to get into the gym. What else can I do at home that’s still effective, but without buying any equipment?
I would take time to write down your thoughts to process what happened that’s making you upset. This will allow you to have a place to express your thoughts and in a way empty your mind. This way you will have a clear mind to focus on your deep work, and then go back to writing if you find that there are thoughts still bothering you.
There are some great meditation techniques here in Fabulous to help. And focus on the task at hand and you will forget about the other situation.
Just know the fact that you are committed to have deep work study. Than no matter what happens you will fullfill the task. By the way at the end of task you would feel happy of your accomplishments so celebrate it 🙂
For me making myself feel better is first priority because then i can fully focus on what i have to do. For me, breathing meditation and stretching and smiling in front of a mirror helps. If my mind is too busy thinking about past event that upset me, I write it down in the journal and vent. Sometimes talking to someone who can just listen really helps if such person is available.
Focus on gratitude for the blessings you do have. If you have bad thoughts, write them down but write your own narrative with a positive light.
Take some time out to reset. Meditate, visualise your end result and how you will feel once it’s completed or listen to your favourite music.
Music is a great healer.
Try to block out whatever it is making me feel bad. That might mean I have to put my phone on Do not disturb mode or block *certain* numbers temporarily. Meditate for a few minutes or do some yoga, then make a cup of tea and a nice snack to get into the working frame of mind.
I would say that, if you could, take a break from the work you are doing/want to get done and maybe write it out. Write how you feel or what happened. Write a list of things to do to fix the situation, or handle it, or move on from it.
I remind myself of all that I have to be thankful for (to change my thought process…I have control over how I respond to circumstances, if not to what specific circumstances occur in my life.) Having that mindful ownership on my mind and thoughts id really helpful for me.
this is very difficult. The last time that happened to me, I actually put on gym clothes, went to the gym, and was able to think about nothing there, to put it away. But the gym is not always an option, and it doesn't always work. It may be good to simply write about it, write it away from you, and set an alarm on it. Then start on your work.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?