- What do you do on days you are having a harder time focusing on a task?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- How do you increase your self-discipline and not check emails as frequently during deep work?
- What is the best environment to do deep work in?
- How do you make sure you start your deep work session on time?
But recently, I’ve been trying to adapt a more positive approach. I try to see and feel the end of the task—the feeling of triumph and accomplishment. I also adapt affirmations, as suggested by Fabulous, and it’s worked! it’s wonderful.
So now I try to organise my day with fun tasks separating the less fun tasks. If the less fun jobs are long, I see where I can break them down into more achievable chunks.
To help with focus and drive, I also use Beeminder and Forest focus apps.
Also, like The Fabulous has taught me, I celebrate my wins and try not to be too hard on myself if things don’t quite work out that day.
Hope this helps! 😁
- Do you have problem with short attention span? Do you find it difficult to concentrate?
- Why is Deep Work recommended in the afternoon?
- What do you do when you encounter sudden distractions that fatigue you?
- What do you mean by deep work habit?
- How do you choose what to work on? I find myself straying away from tasks I am afraid I will fail at, and sometimes even trick myself into taking on less important tasks, instead.
- What exactly is deep work?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- How do you block out distractions?
- What process do you go through when working on the Deep Work habit? Also, would someone expound on the Morning Pages habit? I’m not sure that I am doing it correctly!
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?