But recently, I’ve been trying to adapt a more positive approach. I try to see and feel the end of the task—the feeling of triumph and accomplishment. I also adapt affirmations, as suggested by Fabulous, and it’s worked! it’s wonderful.
So now I try to organise my day with fun tasks separating the less fun tasks. If the less fun jobs are long, I see where I can break them down into more achievable chunks.
To help with focus and drive, I also use Beeminder and Forest focus apps.
Also, like The Fabulous has taught me, I celebrate my wins and try not to be too hard on myself if things don’t quite work out that day.
Hope this helps! 😁
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)