But recently, I’ve been trying to adapt a more positive approach. I try to see and feel the end of the task—the feeling of triumph and accomplishment. I also adapt affirmations, as suggested by Fabulous, and it’s worked! it’s wonderful.
So now I try to organise my day with fun tasks separating the less fun tasks. If the less fun jobs are long, I see where I can break them down into more achievable chunks.
To help with focus and drive, I also use Beeminder and Forest focus apps.
Also, like The Fabulous has taught me, I celebrate my wins and try not to be too hard on myself if things don’t quite work out that day.
Hope this helps! 😁
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?