2. They don't join. They could, but I don't force it on them. Everyone has their night time rituals. I have avoided doing my seated meditation in front of them because I felt silly. However that is a completely me issue as they don't care and would never say anything negative about me trying to be healthier. I do meditation in bed with them reading there beside me. We have a Google Play mini and it is connected to headspace, it has sleep and general meditations seemingly for free since I don't pay for that. Listen to the sleep one fall asleep while they read. Not awkward at all. It's kind of nice. My goal is to do my kneeling practice in our bedroom without feeling awkward. I'll do it the next time. It's easier though to not feel awkward because they know about the benefits of meditation, and my relationship this time around has been based in mutual respect and support. If your partner has said anything to you that is demeaning or hurtful they are not someone I would want to be with. Supporting your practice is super simple of they can't do that how will they support anything else you do? ALSO when I am at my parents they know I'm meditating 1) by seeing me on my mat and 2) by hearing my guided meditations. The challenge here for me is that they're usually calling my name until they come up and realize. I don't break and speak when I'm practicing.
- How do you stay focused on a task for a long period of time when you don’t like what your doing/studying?
- What time do you usually do the Deep Work habit?
- I face issues when switching between 2 jobs. How do you switch effectively? I waste or procrastinate during the switch.
- (I’m a student.) If you feel ill, how do you decide objectively whether to work or to skip the work session and take it easy? I find it easy to use a slight feeling of illness as an excuse not to work.
- I often get stressed in the morning to get to work but I won’t exercise if I don’t do it before work. Any suggestions to get to the gym faster?
My partner does not meditate with me. Yet! I started my journey for myself because I needed to return to me and grow my inner joy. I talk to my partner though about the fact I began this journey, how much better I feel now that I have meditation in my life, I ask if my partner is interested in meditation at all, and I have asked my partner to meditate with me! I think for my partner it is important to observe first as it is new and strange to them presently. But the more I change and grow positively and my partner can see it and I continue to gently ask my partner I believe they will join me in the future!
That being said, I believe the awkwardness you may feel will fade as you practice more and feel the benefits yourself. You will want your partner to feel good also. But maybe your partner got you to meditate and to start the Fabulous so maybe just let your partner know how it still makes you nervous being new to it and once you are more acclimated to the process then you will be ready to share this special time.
I believe meditation is always for your inner you; however sharing the energy of it all in the same room can be beneficial to each individual in the group! The key is showing respect to your partner or friend making a safe understanding space for all.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?