I use my deep focus time to charge my phone (on silent) so I don’t hear it. I make sure to use the bathroom before I begin and I have a drink nearby. I also make sure I’m in comfortable clothing so I don’t feel the need to fidget or change my position so much.
- How many hours of deep work can a person do?
- Do you stretch throughout the day or at a designated time? If throughout, do you have any good small stretches to do at work?
- After some practice…can we really trust and make the difference between our intuition voice and our mind voice?
- I don’t always like to eat ‘breakfast’ foods. I think they’re horribly sweet and it’s not really nice to wake up and go straight for pancakes, waffles, cereal, french toast, and all the other nauseatingly sweet foods! I find I eat many leftovers and lunch and dinner foods for breakfast. Do you think that’s a problem? Do you have any suggestions on nonsweet breakfast foods I can eat? I’ve got a bit of a problem with eggs, too… So I’d prefer no eggs. 🙁 It’s tough!
- How can I manage the exercise or good morning routine habit in my career which when I have to work both night and day shifts?
Plan clear objectives. Think how good You are going to feel when You achieve the goal. Write thoughts that interrupt work to deal with them later.
- How do you differentiate a deep and shallow work and schedule time appropriately?
- What tips and tricks do you have for getting back into work after interruptions? I work in a place where interruptions happen a lot and are difficult to avoid, even when I have my headphones on…
- Where should I carry out my deep work sessions?
- I would be particularly interested in getting more information how to develop and improve my skills in focusing on my work? What kind of behavior should I avoid to not to lose control over it?
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- When you work in a field in science, such doing a PhD, how to keep focused and prevent procrastinating?
- What do you prioritize in the morning? My habits are adding up and I think I need to choose some.
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- What can I include in my deep work apart from study and physical activity???