However, planning for a maximum is unsustainable. It also does not respect that meetings, and other times you can find inspiration, such as times you simply let your mind wander, are also a very important part of your day.
Therefore, if you see deep work sessions as the time you carve out to work on your true long term goals, try not to go for a maximum of deep work, but rather plan them in a balanced way, so you know you can come back to this habit every (week) day.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)