I find that the time changes. I have the reminder set for a time during the afternoon when I’m usually working on things anyways, but I find that when I get motivated throughout the day that is when I run to my phone to turn the 25 minute timer on. Motivation for me comes and goes so when I feel it coming on I turn it on…which changes throughout the week.
It depends on when you work the best (are most focused) and on what you are working on. Since I'm working on more emotional work, I prefer the afternoon @4p. But if I was writing a paper or something I'd do it @10a
For me, I am a morning person, so mornings are best. Right now I am so edgy from the pandemic that I exercise first, which sands down my edges and frees my brain to focus. My brother is a night person. He starts his deep work at 8pm. I am guessing whatever time of day is your best, that’s the time.
To me, during the afternoon, after my short break at 3pm. I drink some water, stretch and then get back to work fully. I think that whenever after a break is a great moment to get into the deep work mode 🙂
I feel like for me it's a lot easier to do in the morning when my brain hasn't fully woken up yet to the busyness of the day or in the afternoon when everyone is resting or taking a nap, basically when everyone else is still sleeping or not out in the main area.
Right after eating breakfast because of the day just started so you got all energy. Right after a meeting with co-workers I guess it is also well done, because you are already focus on things going.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?