Go to your nearest local library. They will most likely have computers and there you can do your work without the distractions of your phone.
- What value have you gotten from deep work in your life?
- How do I get into that first ‘part’ of work? I always struggle with actually sitting down and committing to a task, but once I am focused I can work productively. How can I motivate myself to start that task I’ve been putting off?
- Setting a alarm does work, but not for long, do you have other suggestions?
- How do I focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing?
- How do you avoid distractions?
Try to prioritize what is work and what is a distraction and don't follow them. Once you follow a distraction is more and more difficult to go back
Use filters rigorously to block out unnecessary information and also set a timer that resets every 20 minutes or half hour to double-check your focus also when your timer goes off get up and move around for 1 minute breathe deep and drink some water
Well, in that case I use two simple solutions, first I use air plane mode, second I use the app called Engross and split screen mode on my phone. In Engross you set a timer for how long you want to be focused and tap the counter whenever you get distracted. Fo other deep work sessions I use Fabulous, but it does not count your distractions which is a pity.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?