Go to your nearest local library. They will most likely have computers and there you can do your work without the distractions of your phone.
- Do you find a timer helpful? What kind do you use?
- Do you work out?
- How do you make sure the distractions you noted down this time won’t happen again?
- Do you do this every day? I set it for 3 days a week as days with many meetings can make it much harder to concentrate.
- My mind is so easily distracted, especially by email and social media, whatsapp etc. Especially when I am trying to start work, this is problematic. Do you have any tips on how to focus your mind?
Try to prioritize what is work and what is a distraction and don't follow them. Once you follow a distraction is more and more difficult to go back
Use filters rigorously to block out unnecessary information and also set a timer that resets every 20 minutes or half hour to double-check your focus also when your timer goes off get up and move around for 1 minute breathe deep and drink some water
Well, in that case I use two simple solutions, first I use air plane mode, second I use the app called Engross and split screen mode on my phone. In Engross you set a timer for how long you want to be focused and tap the counter whenever you get distracted. Fo other deep work sessions I use Fabulous, but it does not count your distractions which is a pity.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?