Me and my co-worker that sits together with me do often chat. However, when we need to do work or when we feel like we've been talking and interrupting each other too much we say that now is work time and set a limited amount of time to just do work before going back to chatting. And so on.
- Do you like to meditate to ambient music, or in silence?
- How do I think more positively about exercise? Because just the thought of doing physical activity sparks dread inside me! Will this mentality change over time?
- How do you motivate yourself to actually exercise? Exercise is part of my morning routine in theory, but that just means that I don’t finish my morning routine until three in the afternoon because I hate exercise so much that I do nothing for hours in order to avoid exercising. And then the day is shot.
- What do you do so that the sounds of the routine and the bell at the end don’t make you lose your focus?
- How can I complete more of my to-do list in a day and really focus on the least exciting tasks at hand?
- What kinds of things do you consider to be deep work?
- Any hint to actually do the most important big tasks, during the deep work session, instead of smaller, also necessary but less critical tasks?
- I am building a program for my current workplace, and the tasks and categories are unclear. How do I set up a work schedule for myself to get some flow, instead of being choppy and distracted?
- What’s the difference between Deep Work and Block Distractions? They sound the same.
- How do you best keep yourself on track during a deep work session?
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- What you do when you catch yourself getting distracted?
- I have this problem of switching tasks when I have a lot of them. Say for example I start working on task 1 using deep work and I complete it. That’s when it’s so difficult for me to switch or take up a new task. I can handle task 2 when task 1 is still in progress, but when it gets completed, my mind and body goes to relaxation state automatically and I start to procrastinate. How can I stop myself from doing this?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- Do you think it’s important to perform each step of a ritual in the order and within the time limits you have laid out for it?