Before sleeping I creatively visualize in elaborate details my success in the project. I see myself working on coming up with solutions and creative ideas. Its like practicing in your head. I imagine the praise and recognition I’ll receive for my hard work and how I’ll be able to relax and enjoy the rewards of my labor later.
- What do you consider a deep work project?
- Do you ever feel like you spend so much time on routines that you don’t have time for deep work?
- Is it really possible to work for 2 or 4 hours without a break? Do you prefer pomodoro-style work, with short breaks?
- Is it better to do deep work early in the morning or late at night?
- Do you use electronic tools to help you focus or do you find that disconnecting from your devices is more conducive to focusing? I’m finding both to work for me but under different task conditions.
It happens when we expect ourselves to perform very high in any project try not to built any expectations from your performance and just start working on it you will see how it is to complete and celebrate every step you take in the direction of your project
There is no trick, don’t resist your feeling. Accept it & be with it more we try to get rid of that it will remain with us. Being anxious can also leads to being focused,as we don’t want to make mistakes
Hmm… I wonder if instead of resisting or trying to stop that anxiety, you were to see the anxiety as your normal body response and even maybe see it as an exciting sign of your continued growth in life. Worth a try?
I feel the same way! I try to go to a coffee shop or library with a friend and I tell the friend what I am working on. That way someone else holds me accountable. I also try to appreciate and take a moment to be happy for myself when I start and finish something I found anxiety inducing, and I try to remind myself how good starting something new felt the last time.
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?
- Do you always use the timer? Do you find you stick to this habit better if you do or don’t?
- What distractions do you find helpful to get rid of, besides other technology?
- What do you do for Deep Work habit?