- How do you make sure you start your deep work session on time?
- What if you find you just cannot focus after a busy day?
- What do you consider “deep work” and when do you plan it in your daily schedule?
- What is your biggest distraction when you do deep work?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
The best thing that I've seen works for me is to just start with 5 min of pure work, and once I finish those 5 min I just continue for the next 5 min.
I don't really keep track of the time, I just tell my self I will just strt working on something for just give minutes. If after what feels like 5 minutes I let myself decide, can I keep working for just 5 more minutes? Or is there anything more important to do those 5 min?
If I realize I have been procastinating I just tell myself: "ok, stop what you are doing and just go back to work for 5 min. After that I can decide if I continue working or go back to what I was doing."
Is not perfect, but it helps me to concentrate on the task at hand.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?