The best thing that I've seen works for me is to just start with 5 min of pure work, and once I finish those 5 min I just continue for the next 5 min.
I don't really keep track of the time, I just tell my self I will just strt working on something for just give minutes. If after what feels like 5 minutes I let myself decide, can I keep working for just 5 more minutes? Or is there anything more important to do those 5 min?
If I realize I have been procastinating I just tell myself: "ok, stop what you are doing and just go back to work for 5 min. After that I can decide if I continue working or go back to what I was doing."
Is not perfect, but it helps me to concentrate on the task at hand.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)