- When do you go to sleep? I struggle to find time to exercise in the morning.
- How many deep work sessions can I do in a day?
- How do you get your mind to relax & concentrate on a particularly difficult, stressful or a very distracting day to get your deep work done? Also, how do you motivate yourself when you’re not feeling well to do the deep work anyway?
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- How do I get into that first ‘part’ of work? I always struggle with actually sitting down and committing to a task, but once I am focused I can work productively. How can I motivate myself to start that task I’ve been putting off?
The best thing that I've seen works for me is to just start with 5 min of pure work, and once I finish those 5 min I just continue for the next 5 min.
I don't really keep track of the time, I just tell my self I will just strt working on something for just give minutes. If after what feels like 5 minutes I let myself decide, can I keep working for just 5 more minutes? Or is there anything more important to do those 5 min?
If I realize I have been procastinating I just tell myself: "ok, stop what you are doing and just go back to work for 5 min. After that I can decide if I continue working or go back to what I was doing."
Is not perfect, but it helps me to concentrate on the task at hand.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?