The best thing that I've seen works for me is to just start with 5 min of pure work, and once I finish those 5 min I just continue for the next 5 min.
I don't really keep track of the time, I just tell my self I will just strt working on something for just give minutes. If after what feels like 5 minutes I let myself decide, can I keep working for just 5 more minutes? Or is there anything more important to do those 5 min?
If I realize I have been procastinating I just tell myself: "ok, stop what you are doing and just go back to work for 5 min. After that I can decide if I continue working or go back to what I was doing."
Is not perfect, but it helps me to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?