It really depends on how long you can maintain focused attention. Most people starting out will set a timer of about 25 minutes and then a five minute break.
Studies show that the optimum is 50 minutes followed by a 10 to 12 minute break.
On those breaks, it’s a good idea to move your body. Movement especially exercise, is like “Miracle Gro“ for the brain.
I could go a lot deeper on this subject, but I trust this is helpful enough to get you going.
More power to you!
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?