It really depends on how long you can maintain focused attention. Most people starting out will set a timer of about 25 minutes and then a five minute break.
Studies show that the optimum is 50 minutes followed by a 10 to 12 minute break.
On those breaks, it’s a good idea to move your body. Movement especially exercise, is like “Miracle Gro“ for the brain.
I could go a lot deeper on this subject, but I trust this is helpful enough to get you going.
More power to you!
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?