It really depends on how long you can maintain focused attention. Most people starting out will set a timer of about 25 minutes and then a five minute break.
Studies show that the optimum is 50 minutes followed by a 10 to 12 minute break.
On those breaks, it’s a good idea to move your body. Movement especially exercise, is like “Miracle Gro“ for the brain.
I could go a lot deeper on this subject, but I trust this is helpful enough to get you going.
More power to you!
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?