My schedule is always different, but my deep work phases are usually best early in the morning or late at night. I stopped trying in the early afternoon, since I’m too tired around that time. If it’s the only time I have in a day, I’ll consider how urgent I have to work on specific things. If I can set aside time the next day for it, I’ll work on food prep, or just write for a bit, maybe play a little music.
- How do you bring yourself back when you lose focus?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- What are the creative ways you use to block your distractions?
- What kind of things do you choose to tackle during deep work?
- How do you deal with the important things that do not have a deadline?
When I know I will not have any distractions. When I have too to work afterwards, it's much more difficult to concentrate.
I do (home)work when I get back from school because my mind is fresh from recently learning about what it is I have to revise.
Danilo Da paz
After dinner before bed. Seems to suit me best. I don't have a tv so instead I do things and make the most of my time. I'm relaxed after the days work and dinner is over.
I usually do it during the mid day, but I'm trying to implement it into my morning routine, so I can more easily go from home immediately to Deep Work at my future job!
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?