My schedule is always different, but my deep work phases are usually best early in the morning or late at night. I stopped trying in the early afternoon, since I’m too tired around that time. If it’s the only time I have in a day, I’ll consider how urgent I have to work on specific things. If I can set aside time the next day for it, I’ll work on food prep, or just write for a bit, maybe play a little music.
- First thing in the morning isn’t just when I want to get work done – everyone around me does too. How do you keep yourself from just answering other people’s questions and helping them every day? I love to help, but I feel like I am exhausted before I can start working!
- How can I be completely focused and motivated and make the effort to change?
- How do you choose which Deep Work activity you do?
- Do you find it easy to interweave your rituals in to the rest of your everyday family life?
- Do you reward yourself for accomplishing deep work? How?
When I know I will not have any distractions. When I have too to work afterwards, it's much more difficult to concentrate.
I do (home)work when I get back from school because my mind is fresh from recently learning about what it is I have to revise.
Danilo Da paz
After dinner before bed. Seems to suit me best. I don't have a tv so instead I do things and make the most of my time. I'm relaxed after the days work and dinner is over.
I usually do it during the mid day, but I'm trying to implement it into my morning routine, so I can more easily go from home immediately to Deep Work at my future job!
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?