I picked one big thing and trying to complete it in that day so part of my work is do deep work session. But I couldn’t do it for more strategic task that I put it for personal development
Tell yourself that it is only for 25 minutes or whatever time it is. Then make t a priority. Bring whatever it is that you will need with you wherever you go. Let yourself ir anyone know that you need to get this time to re-group a little. Then do it.
Use apps to manage screen time, lock yourself in the room, put everything except what you need outside, turn off WiFi if possible or at least turn on do not disturb
I set timers for myself and try to keep distractions away as much as possible. For example, I’ll go with 30 mins of deep work checking emails, take a 5 min break to stretch or move, then another 30 mins working on another task. I don’t answer texts/messages/emails during this time, nor do I let myself get distracted by other tasks unless absolutely necessary
Keep an alarm clock or a watch or some proper device that will show you the time constantly with you. Keep it right in front of you. It shouldn't be a mobile phone or an electronic device because it creates a lot of distraction itself. By seeing the time by and by you will constantly be reminded of your work which will force you to focus and complete your task on time even if you get sidetracked.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?