I picked one big thing and trying to complete it in that day so part of my work is do deep work session. But I couldn’t do it for more strategic task that I put it for personal development
Tell yourself that it is only for 25 minutes or whatever time it is. Then make t a priority. Bring whatever it is that you will need with you wherever you go. Let yourself ir anyone know that you need to get this time to re-group a little. Then do it.
Use apps to manage screen time, lock yourself in the room, put everything except what you need outside, turn off WiFi if possible or at least turn on do not disturb
Keep an alarm clock or a watch or some proper device that will show you the time constantly with you. Keep it right in front of you. It shouldn't be a mobile phone or an electronic device because it creates a lot of distraction itself. By seeing the time by and by you will constantly be reminded of your work which will force you to focus and complete your task on time even if you get sidetracked.
I set timers for myself and try to keep distractions away as much as possible. For example, I’ll go with 30 mins of deep work checking emails, take a 5 min break to stretch or move, then another 30 mins working on another task. I don’t answer texts/messages/emails during this time, nor do I let myself get distracted by other tasks unless absolutely necessary
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?