Hi Fabulous user! Yes, I do take a break while I am doing my deep work. But it is different than if you are just doing school or work or studying and you take breaks. When you take breaks like that, you may reward yourself with one episode from Netflix, reading one chapter of a book or something like that. Deep work is, you know, deep. So you don’t want to get too off track. I like to have a quick 5 minute break. I will do my business if I have too, stretch a little — no routine, do what feels good to your body —, I will do 5 jumping jacks to get moving a bit and stuff like that. But it is your break. Your deep work. Do what you want. And don’t have a routine for your breaks. Just do what feels right at that time. Keep on being Fabulous! 👋
- How do you get to your deep work session if you have meetings and other chores together with colleagues all day?
- I hate meditating… I can’t find any motivation or how to change things up! Any advice?
- How long do you Deep Work for?
- What is your usual deep working timeframe?
- How do you manage Deep Work when you are caught up in fire-fighting?
No, I don’t always take a break. Sometimes, when I have a lot of work to do I use deep work sessions to budget time and know when to stop one task and move on to the next. Although I don’t take a break, I make sure to acknowledge the good work that I have completed during that time before moving on.
Yes! Even if it’s a few deep breaths and then a quick look round to refocus the eyes. I then decide, based on how I feel, whether or not to take a longer break, and whether or not to switch up activities.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?