Yes! Even if it’s a few deep breaths and then a quick look round to refocus the eyes. I then decide, based on how I feel, whether or not to take a longer break, and whether or not to switch up activities.
Hi Fabulous user! Yes, I do take a break while I am doing my deep work. But it is different than if you are just doing school or work or studying and you take breaks. When you take breaks like that, you may reward yourself with one episode from Netflix, reading one chapter of a book or something like that. Deep work is, you know, deep. So you don’t want to get too off track. I like to have a quick 5 minute break. I will do my business if I have too, stretch a little — no routine, do what feels good to your body —, I will do 5 jumping jacks to get moving a bit and stuff like that. But it is your break. Your deep work. Do what you want. And don’t have a routine for your breaks. Just do what feels right at that time. Keep on being Fabulous! 👋
No, I don’t always take a break. Sometimes, when I have a lot of work to do I use deep work sessions to budget time and know when to stop one task and move on to the next. Although I don’t take a break, I make sure to acknowledge the good work that I have completed during that time before moving on.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?