Yes! Even if it’s a few deep breaths and then a quick look round to refocus the eyes. I then decide, based on how I feel, whether or not to take a longer break, and whether or not to switch up activities.
Hi Fabulous user! Yes, I do take a break while I am doing my deep work. But it is different than if you are just doing school or work or studying and you take breaks. When you take breaks like that, you may reward yourself with one episode from Netflix, reading one chapter of a book or something like that. Deep work is, you know, deep. So you don’t want to get too off track. I like to have a quick 5 minute break. I will do my business if I have too, stretch a little — no routine, do what feels good to your body —, I will do 5 jumping jacks to get moving a bit and stuff like that. But it is your break. Your deep work. Do what you want. And don’t have a routine for your breaks. Just do what feels right at that time. Keep on being Fabulous! 👋
No, I don’t always take a break. Sometimes, when I have a lot of work to do I use deep work sessions to budget time and know when to stop one task and move on to the next. Although I don’t take a break, I make sure to acknowledge the good work that I have completed during that time before moving on.
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)
- What are your top strategies for “just getting started”?
- How do you match days with many many meetings and deep work habits?
- What is your favorite type of Deep Work?