When my family is home, it gets harder because I am constantly distracted then. When this happens, I first let them know I will be unavailable and ask if there is anything they need from me before I become unavailable. If they need something, I attend to it. Then I put headphones on so I can’t hear them (because noise really distracts me). I often still gets distracted in this case, but I just keep trying!
Perhaps budget time for deep work before breakfast or exercise (1-2 hours) and use the gym or breakfast as your reward.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)