When my family is home, it gets harder because I am constantly distracted then. When this happens, I first let them know I will be unavailable and ask if there is anything they need from me before I become unavailable. If they need something, I attend to it. Then I put headphones on so I can’t hear them (because noise really distracts me). I often still gets distracted in this case, but I just keep trying!
Perhaps budget time for deep work before breakfast or exercise (1-2 hours) and use the gym or breakfast as your reward.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?