I try to "chunk" my time to focus on one task at a time. Also, as counterintuitive as I may seem, making sure I take true, restful breaks really improves my energy and stamina, which helps improve focus and prevent procrastination. In such an intellectually challenging position it's better to take breaks to work at your peak efficiently than to push through and make mistakes. Be kind to yourself and celebrate what you do accomplish. Theres always more to do but recognize how far you've come to stay motivated. Good luck! Take care of yourself.
I put my phone in do not disturb, use Windows Focus Assist, and I start every work day with a minimum of 15 minutes of dissertation work no matter what else is on my plate that day.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?