Working a full day or so only requires my interest. As long as it is an activity I can really seed myself in or can help me pursue my goals, I can typically sit for a few hours straight to achieve it. After a small break, I resume my work until completion. The biggest problem I have is to just sit down and do it. My motivation to give effort is lacking; however, watching video game playthroughs and rewarding myself with candy while I work has helped me get through some tough essays and excessive work.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What are your top strategies for “just getting started”?