I have created a list of all of my responsibilities within each position, all of the goals I need to achieve and schedule when I do them by (for example, send out customer statements before payday).
Once I can see the details laid out in front of me in my lists, I then plan the stepping stones to achieving those goals.
In my calendar I have set days and times to commit to various responsibilities, but I also create a daily to do list to help me break-up the goals into manageable smaller steps to ensure I am achieving the end result.
I have to split my attention between my positions because I am the only customer services worker for my two small businesses, so dividing my attention across emails and phone calls can not be helped or controlled.
What I can control is how I structure my day in between all of the disruptions to ensure my businesses are receiving the attention they require.
Hope this helps!
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)