- How do you deal with interruptions during your Deep Work session?
- What is your strategy on achieving deep work habits and minimzing diatractions?
- Do you do anything to help get into a more productive mindset for deep work?
- I am building a program for my current workplace, and the tasks and categories are unclear. How do I set up a work schedule for myself to get some flow, instead of being choppy and distracted?
- How do you prevent distractions where you’re working?
I have created a list of all of my responsibilities within each position, all of the goals I need to achieve and schedule when I do them by (for example, send out customer statements before payday).
Once I can see the details laid out in front of me in my lists, I then plan the stepping stones to achieving those goals.
In my calendar I have set days and times to commit to various responsibilities, but I also create a daily to do list to help me break-up the goals into manageable smaller steps to ensure I am achieving the end result.
I have to split my attention between my positions because I am the only customer services worker for my two small businesses, so dividing my attention across emails and phone calls can not be helped or controlled.
What I can control is how I structure my day in between all of the disruptions to ensure my businesses are receiving the attention they require.
Hope this helps!
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?