Know it’s temporary and start all over the next day. It’s like I often tell my best friend, we all get to start afresh in the newness of the morning. The night and dreams wash away our mistakes and sorrows… “and the sound of the turtle dove is heard in the land.”
- How long do you try to focus for each time you do the deep work habit?
- How do you cope with working in an open concept work environment with lots of distractions and interruptions? I find myself setting one most important task and being interrupted for the entire day and the task doesn’t get done.
- I’ve chosen to work on something during the Deep Work session that’s intimidating for me (involves learning a new skill/trial and error, time/cost commitment) and I find myself putting it off due to anxiety. Any advice?
- Does anyone ever feel like… The work I get paid for is more important than the work I do for myself?
- What apps or tools do you use to block the notifications distractions during your Deep Work?
How do you begin? To keep going take a breath and repeat the trigger that made you want to start in the first place. That breath might be in and out, it might be a walk around the building, it might be a lunch break, basically, take a reprieve and start over again.
- What is your hack for doing deep work, especially when you have to do a task that isn’t very interesting?
- How do you stay focused during a Deep Work session?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am using my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- How do you decide which time of the day is best for deep work and good for other no-brain tasks? How do you prioritise if no-brain tasks need to be done as soon as possible and you have many of them?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What is the best way to meditate?
- Do you adjust your deep work sessions according to the task or do you simply work in regular intervals?
- Do you find it easier setting the reminder timers or is it better to just do each routine at specific time in the day as my shift are unpredictable and it’s hard to have a set start and end to my day?
- How do you motivate yourself and get ready?
- How do you organize your time to be efficient in deep work?