Try different kinds of meditation, not everything works for everyone. If focus on breathing doesn’t help try a focus on the sensations in your body or sending out loving kindness. Other people find it helps to meditate as part of a wider routine for example at the end of yoga or between cooking and eating a meal.
- I can’t discipline myself and follow my routine so keep falling behind in my studying. How do I overcome this??
- When do you go to sleep? I struggle to find time to exercise in the morning.
- Do you do anything to help get into a more productive mindset for deep work?
- How do you bring yourself back when you lose focus?
- How do I move forward despite not having completed goals from earlier in the day? I feel like I get bogged down in “morning” things.
Why are you meditating? What do you want it to give you? I think intention helps to settle me. If I know what i am seeking then the meditation can be the vessel.
There’s a great app called buddhify. Also it takes time to get into it, if you can make the effort just to try and sit for 10 mins each day it will get easier
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?