Why are you meditating? What do you want it to give you? I think intention helps to settle me. If I know what i am seeking then the meditation can be the vessel.
Try different kinds of meditation, not everything works for everyone. If focus on breathing doesn’t help try a focus on the sensations in your body or sending out loving kindness. Other people find it helps to meditate as part of a wider routine for example at the end of yoga or between cooking and eating a meal.
There’s a great app called buddhify. Also it takes time to get into it, if you can make the effort just to try and sit for 10 mins each day it will get easier
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?