I meditate while working. It keeps me focused and on track. I also set a time to do work, so that I know no one else has anything going on.
- How do you stay on track with exercise on the weekends when you want to sleep in?
- Do you reward yourself for completing deep work?
- What’s your routine to get into deep work?
- When the alarm goes off to finish the session, I immediately become distracted again. I start diving into all new stimuli I missed out on while in deep work (like new emails, etc.). How do I keep my focus when I don’t have an app timing me?
- How do you sustain deep work when you have never been able to do so no matter how hard you try?
My actual work (vs emails, follow-up, meetings, etc.). Example: write up a document, write some code, read documentation, …
On my job I start with a referral which is the main purpose of my job. I usually do deep work for one hour. I'm thinking of using a 15 min variation of deep work to clean my room in the morning.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?