A nice clean uncluttered workspace, phone off and if you work near someone else tell them you need to be undisturbed for certain amount of time.
- I see how this works for desk workers, but what about for the millions in customer service like taxi drivers, mothers, nurses, cashiers, etc who do not sit and type in their job?
- How do you prioritize what deep work to do?
- What was the best advice you ever received on being productive?
- Do you find it easy to interweave your rituals in to the rest of your everyday family life?
- How do you start working when you are so lazy and used to procrastinating?
Eléna Le gall
I was unable to prevent distractions initially. After undertaking 2-3 times of deep work I was able to first build my focus. When I got my focus, I could make out what things are pestering me 😅 So now when I sit down for working I know before sitting, that there's a list of things which I need to avoid and hence I prepare myself to avoid these things before I start working.
I put my phone in do not disturb mode. A lot of my work is social media driven. I find a lot of my clients communicate primarily through social media so that's always a struggle, but in my experience if I use my laptop instead of my phone it's easier to stay on task while communicating with them despite it being in the distraction minefield of social media.
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?
- What habit do you have for deep learning?