El Na Y.
I was unable to prevent distractions initially. After undertaking 2-3 times of deep work I was able to first build my focus. When I got my focus, I could make out what things are pestering me 😅 So now when I sit down for working I know before sitting, that there's a list of things which I need to avoid and hence I prepare myself to avoid these things before I start working.
I put my phone in do not disturb mode. A lot of my work is social media driven. I find a lot of my clients communicate primarily through social media so that's always a struggle, but in my experience if I use my laptop instead of my phone it's easier to stay on task while communicating with them despite it being in the distraction minefield of social media.
A nice clean uncluttered workspace, phone off and if you work near someone else tell them you need to be undisturbed for certain amount of time.
- Are u really concerntrating in the deep work??If so how??and if not why?
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?