A nice clean uncluttered workspace, phone off and if you work near someone else tell them you need to be undisturbed for certain amount of time.
- How to prevent boredom while doing deep work (including studying)?
- How do you create an effective study planner and stick to it?
- What’s tough is that my schedule is different every day. I can’t count on having the same time available day over day, week over week. How do you succeed with a crazy schedule?
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- Does the feeling of procrastination before you start deep work get better with momentum? Interested to know! Or is it always a struggle 😆
Eléna Le gall
I was unable to prevent distractions initially. After undertaking 2-3 times of deep work I was able to first build my focus. When I got my focus, I could make out what things are pestering me 😅 So now when I sit down for working I know before sitting, that there's a list of things which I need to avoid and hence I prepare myself to avoid these things before I start working.
I put my phone in do not disturb mode. A lot of my work is social media driven. I find a lot of my clients communicate primarily through social media so that's always a struggle, but in my experience if I use my laptop instead of my phone it's easier to stay on task while communicating with them despite it being in the distraction minefield of social media.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?