Well, I do not believe in multitasking anymore – thanks to this app. I realised and experienced that multitasking increase the level of anxiety/ chaos/ stress. And decreases productivity. I always prepare my To Do list and do one task at a time. I remove distractions and work deep for limited period of time like 15-20 minutes. If the work is more complex I divide working sessions in some parts and do short breaks (tea, water, streching, short walk etc).
- Do you consider your wandering thoughts a distraction?
- How do you decide what to do when there are so many things on your to-do list?
- How do I unplug?
- How do you adhere to your your deep work schedule?
- I’m a college student so keeping a balance of taking care of myself and others is tough. Do you have any suggestions for how I could show compassion or do a good deed for someone daily, even if it’s something small?
I keep a note pad next to me. I'm constantly interrupted so work and home. To have 25 minutes of uninterrupted work is impossible. So I make multitasking with for my life but jotting down where I left off when distracted. I make sure that what I'm going to focus on is written down before I begin my task/tasks. That's what enables me to be successful!
You don’t! If you have a lot of things that need working on, choose one. Do 25 minutes of Deep Work on it. Then stop, stretch, rehydrate and refocus. Choose the next thing and do 25 minutes of Deep Work. And so on!
Good question! Here's the easy answer. Deep work IS multitasking. For example… I am landscaping the front yard 1. I put in a load of laundry. 2. I spray weed killer. While I wait 3. I measure and pre cut the weed blocker sheets. 4. I lay them out and stake them down. 5. I put the clothes in the dryer. 6.I'm watering the back lawn. You get the idea. Often times it is efficient to do more than one thing so you can finish the major item. Just make sure to set yourself up for success by planning the most efficient way to get the deep work done.
- How can you motivate yourself to stay in your deep work session every day, even if you have a lot other things to do besides and feel like you don’t have time for it?
- Have you ever been in situation that you must choose to go to high school which you don’t like and you can’t understand about 6 subjects in that school , you think that, that school is not for you, you think that is hard for you and you want to go to other school but your parents are not letting you to go?
- As a 12 year old gotta long should I deep work for in one sitting
- Can i know how to focus myself when carrying out the Deep Focus habit, if my daily schedule is packed and my surroundings are disturbing
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?