I am NOT a doctor nor a licensed professional. I would say that for each person the ability to focus on a task is different. I would ask you what is keeping your attention from the tasks that you have set before you? Are their ways that you can minimize distractions by possibly setting up a to do list for yourself, or maybe jotting down specific times throughout your days to get things accomplished. The ability to focus has everything to do with how important your tasks are to you and what they mean in terms of getting you where you want to be in your life. Once again, I am NOT a licensed professional nor a doctor. If you want specific scientific answers, you should inquire those questions to a doctor or licensed professional.
- How do you feel once you have completed a truly hard deep work session?! 🤩
- How do you follow your routines without getting distracted?
- How do you prevent yourself from getting distracted to check your phone etc.?
- How do I choose what to work on when doing deep work?
- What about Pareto’s 80:20 principle?
Not sure, I'm still working on this. I do know you have to set yourself up to succeed by minizing distractions, such as; setting phone to do not disturb, turning tv off, etc.
Depends on what is more important at the time. If it's something that's important to U….U will ignore everything if U can.
30 minutes. After that, my mind starts wandering and focusing on incoming emails. It takes some self control and Gabulous time scheduling to remind me to stay focused.
I think the average human could focus to 2hours but personally if i deep work I might focus for 3hours or evn more but the secret is having breaks to get some water or a little snack to focus more
it's more about the task and generally the person if you are determined to get something done you'll stay focus on it no matter the distractions and if you finding the task interesting you don't care about the time it consumes,so I think with distractions or not it's all about you it's up on you
Like going to the gym you can train the mind to focus for longer periods. I started at 20 minute sessions with 10 for strectch and email checks after
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?