30 minutes is not enough time to get all the deep work done, especially if you have a job. I’m retired now, so I can’t imagine what it would be like to have to go to work and accomplish all the things you have to do at work with a smart phone in my purse or on my desk . I use the 30 minute deep work session to start on something I’ve been procrastinating on. Once I get started I seem to enjoy keeping it up
Well if that what suit you then stay with that it what suits you and what your life style like because what work for someone else might not work for you so go by what is easy for you
I try to make several 25-minute sessions to not get overwhelmed, about 4 sessions in my 9-hour shift work just fine for me
Yes I agree . In my line of work . I get some pause in between either from staff or from patient. From emails or calls & huddles and issues. Felt that my deep work is really not a deep or – it break in between and at times forgetting where you left and how you have to start again.
Hardly any for my “true” work — the work I believe I am in the planet to do and which is different from my 9 to 5 job. I yearn to do more. At times in the past when I seemingly had more flexibility of time, around 5 hours a day of this deep work felt marvelous.
- Is being sincere any way wrong. Is working hard wrong. Should we be careless. Should we do work perfectly or imperfectly? Should we take responsibility or not? Because people who take responsibility are sincere and hardworking but people who are careless, poor, irresponsible are environment friendly. Am I right or not?
- Once I have finished a deep work session of any length, I take a short break. However, I struggle to get back into that deep work state afterwards. Any tips for re-engaging with work after a break?
- How do you commit to your habit and able to do a deep work, without pause?
- What helps you prepare for a deep work session? Things that help you look forward to doing this daily?
- Do you stop deep work when time is up or keep going as long as your in the flow?
- How do you ensure high quality work?
- What does deep work mean for you?
- What do you do to ensure that you stay focused?
- Should I increase my focus time past 25 mins or just keep blocking it out while taking 5 min breaks in between?
- Which tasks do you choose to work on when you’re completing the deep work exercise?