I set my timer on my focus to-do app and write articles for my main writing job, The Blast. Then, I take a break and set it again for writing stories on Medium.
Personally, as a designer, I need time to focus on creating or laying out a design. I always found that without distractions, I can find myself diving deep and doing better, more meticulous things that I would probably miss if in constant interruption of email, chat messages, people interrupting, etc.
- How do you do your best work?
- How long should I do deep work?
- How do you commit to something you really don’t want to do? Example: An essay 😂
- How many times a day should I have Deep Work.
- What do you consider deep work.
- Should you take a short break every 20-30mins of deep work?
- How to build focus for such a short time even. I get distracted after every 7 minutes?
- How do you decide what is work you should be thinking of when thinking of deep work?
- What do you do when it’s time to work but yr really not in the mood.
- How do you keep your focus on a task that’s necessary but boring?