I tell myself that it is ok that I'm getting distracted and that where my mind is going is to some place where I think it is better than where I'm currently at and then I tell myself that what I'm focusing on is actually where I want to be.
Practicing meditation daily gets me better at realizing when I’m distracted and guiding myself back to the task at hand. It really requires me to commit to daily practice though because without that my abilities in focusing diminish.
- Does the distraction list help?
- How long should your deep work be?
- How do you say no politely
- How much time do they spend deep in work?
- What online resources do you recommend studying?
- How do stay focused while working, with out opening other tabs or your mind wandering?
- How do you stay focused for 4 hours?
- What is your favorite way to study?
- How can I focus on these days when I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and I feel tired?
- What is the best way to study for a big exam?