Maintain a Book of Work, I have an actual tiny book. Add priority n dates of deadline. Choose 2 or 3 smaller tasks and 1 big one. Completing smaller tasks first will reduce your BoW list! That's definitely motivating for me. N then start with your high priority tasks, n you won't feel too overwhelmed bcoz something is getting done! Write those tasks in post-it notes n make a ball out of it once tasks are done n throw it at your work place buddy for extra motivation… 😉
- How do you adhere to your your deep work schedule?
- What different techniques help you stay mindful?
- Between running around in the morning, doing habits, and trying to get to work; how do you get motivated to sit down and actually do the deep work session?
- Does anyone have good pragmatic advice for recovering from traumatic work experience? I am a social worker, and a few youth that I work with have died of overdose. I see a counselor.
- How do you get your mind to relax & concentrate on a particularly difficult, stressful or a very distracting day to get your deep work done? Also, how do you motivate yourself when you’re not feeling well to do the deep work anyway?
Maybe consider grouping small tasks together, either with bigger tasks, or as a ‘big’ task’ on their own. I like to group errands together, for example, so I won’t go do errands unless I can knock out three or four things at once so I optimize efficiency and my time.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?